U Conversion Calculator


What is a “U” or “Rack Unit”?

The “U”, or “Rack Unit”, was created by the Electronic Industries Association (EIA). The EIA standard was created for cabinets, racks and panels, as well as other associated equipment. It sets a standard for system spacing, mounting, bezel clearance, as well as placement of the mounting holes in the mounting flange.


Click Here for a PDF U Conversion Chart.

Cobalt Cab Video
Crenlo Enclosure Video